DSwain- The New Day

Monday, February 06, 2006

Hello, World.

Well, this is my first entry here. So far I'm pretty happy. It seems very clean and fairly straightforward of a blogging system. It's a nice thing to see. I guess for a first entry, I should give everyone an idea about myself.

My name is Doug Swain. I'm 17 right now and live in New Jersey. I want you to know that you're free to come and ass rape me whenever you get the opportunity, and that you're more than likely going to be awfully disappointed if you do try. In another sense, I'm not entirely afraid to give away some information about myself. You can't spend your life in fear of every possibility I figure. Anyway, I'm also male if that impacts your choice.

Life in New Jersey is alright for myself. It's not my most favorite place in the winter (to say the least) but I do enjoy it around spring and summer times for biking and such. I live in a small, I guess what is technically considered "rural" areas of Northwestern New Jersey, but it never felt that rural to me honestly. I've been to real rural, and, well, this seems fairly suburban if I'd say so myself. All and all, it's a fairly nice place, so I won't complain too much. I plan on going out and seeing other places in the near future, but for now this'll be just fine.

Speaking of seasons and quality of living during them, the two main sports I do are skiing and biking. I'm not real competitive at all, so these things are great for me. It's a good exercise, and it's something I can spend time getting deep into and appreciating as opposed to trying to become the best. The most competitve thing I really do would be Marching Band in the fall, but the real competitive people I know in Marching Band say that it's not at all. Goes to show what I know about those issues, right?

I also enjoy computing a lot... to also say the very least. I've been tooling around with them since about 5th grade (11th grade right now, so that's a good six or so years under my belt). I try my best to keep my understanding of computing (and all things if I can help it) open minded, but recently I've been spending most of my time working on Linux things. Bash scripts and such occupy my time, and just overall trying to conquore one issue at a time. It's been about three years for me last month of using Linux, and right now I only run Linux. Anyways, that's a little sad to talk about too much on a personal blog, so I'll end it with that.

All and all, that gives you I suppose a good start about understanding who I am and where I'm coming from. Speaking of which, the past two years of my blogging have been over at Modblog. It's been the only system I've ever used, but recently it's really been disappointing so I decided it was time to open up and diversify myself a little more. I figure I can manage two blogs if I want. If one becomes more appealing over the other, maybe I'll fully transition, or maybe just run both. At this point, I honestly don't know. Though, I have to admit, this system really follows a Modblog style of things more than I anticipated, and thensome also. Pretty impressive. Anyways, I'll be sure to be working on the blog layout, links, and other things as time goes on. For now, I just wanted to get things started. Anyways, more to come later on (if you can take anymore of it). Signing off,

-dswain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home