DSwain- The New Day

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

We Were Talking About The Space In Between...

Haha so, recently I've been listening to some neat sitar music. It's a very cool instrument. A real nice sound, and a real different way of playing the western music I'm used to hearing. So far, I haven't gotten too far into my exploring, but I'm listening to some Ravi Shankar who is absolutely amazing and also some Beatles tunes that include it. It's all very very interesting. I never imagined somebody creating an 18 stringed instrument, much less figuring out how to play it well. So you also know, the title of this entry is a lyric in the Beatle's song called 'Within You Without You.' Trippie, to say the least.

This weekend has been very enjoyable. Went up to Stowe Vermont for some skiing. It's by far, the best skiing I've had this season. That's not saying very much, as it's been a rather awful season. At any rate, it was a real fun weekend. Didn't do anything too technical or difficult, but I got to hang out and kinda meet some new people, so I can disregard the non-technical part. I threw in a few good runs in the woods anyway so it worked out well. Speaking of runs in the woods though, I'm glad I did that. It finally made me push myself a little more this season. Usually I find my skiing groove pretty early in the season and appreciate it, but with the way it's been so far, I haven't been able to do that. I haven't felt entirely stable all season, which is pretty annoying. Obviously, I've managed, but I haven't found my real nitch yet until this weekend. After about two hours in the woods, I really felt like I was getting shit back into place skiing wise. Quite a nice moment, I'd say. Hopefully I'll be able to keep that groove going for the rest of the season, however long that is.

In all honesty, I'm kind of looking forward to spring. This winter has been lousy, so I'm ready for a good bike ride. Yeah... now that'll be nice.

Anyways, not much else to say. It's Valentines Day, and I got far too many things from Carolyn, and I managed to get her nothing. I'm a pretty lousy boy if you'd ask me. That's okay though, I've got something planned for some time soon, and her birthday present will be better so it'll be okay.

I'm going to end this with a picture from Stowe this weekend. Peace and love, my fellow readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home