DSwain- The New Day

Monday, February 20, 2006

Whew

Well, I'm a little tired right now. Not much to do today, but that's alright. It is a Monday and I am home, being President's Day and all, so that's sort of nice. I was going to hang out with Carolyn early today, but she's off doing other things, so I'll have to wait my turn. Stupid other things.

So, this winter... something else. Just awful, just awful. Seriously, winter is just not happening these days. Really, not cool at all. I don't know what to do or think of it. I guess I kind of want spring at this point. I've been in a real good mood to ride my bike, but the weather has been so odd it makes it rather hard to even try. That and fencing is still in my way haha. Not really, but it'd be nice if we all had lots of free time I figure. Soon enough, though. It is already late Feburary, so these things don't last too much longer.

Other than this, I have not much to say really. I'm kind of running low on inspiration to do things. I have these periods where I tend to not have much to write about, or ideas for doing computer things or whatever. I think honestly it's the rather dry winter season, and the want to ride my bike. These things provide a decent balance in my life, so I don't apply too much energy into one thing. Hopefully, I'll get back into gear and start doing things again which are remotely interesting.

At any rate, I'm currently running Gnome. I switched over to Xorg R7, which is the entirely modularized version of Xorg. Oddly enough, XFCE4 has given me a great deal of trouble because of it. It works, but rather slowly. A lot of other applications break because of it also. I don't know if this is because of the Arch Linux package builds not being compiled against Xorg R7 yet or what, but we'll see.

Did I mention I was a Linux user yet? Well, I am. I think I may make another blog related to technology things later on, but for the time being this'll do just fine. At any rate, I'll end this entry with another picture. Not quite like the last one, but at least it's something to look at.
















And now, I'm going to look around at a few colleges. It's something I don't want to do. but it's something I really need to get working on more. Have a nice day, folks.

2 Comments:

  • Sweet desktop man.

    By Blogger Shadywack, at 2/25/2006 2:33 PM  

  • Haha thanks. I'm back with XFCE4 cause I managed to get all the kinks worked out with xorg R7 (they recompiled XFCE4 apparently on the pacman servers thank god) but either one works.

    By Blogger dswain, at 2/25/2006 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home