DSwain- The New Day

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Don't be surprised when you find me dreamin' too

I'm sure everyone has been a little uncertain at some point in there lifetimes. I know I have been, that's for sure. Though I've been rather confident and not too discouraged these days, I've still had one thing I've been a little uncertain for, and that's the future.

I guess when I worry about it though, I don't mean decades from now, I mean within the next few years. I've seen things around me that have been a little discouraging. I saw my friends parents break up after 20 years of marriage, heard statistics of a very large majority of marriages failing, watched people be heartbroken from other people after some time, and so on. I've been in a relationship for almost 5 months now (Sunday at around 8 am will have been it exactly). Personally, I feel rather acomplished by doing this, but in the grand scheme of things it's apparently not all that long, at all. Especially after seeing people after two years just fall apart what seems to be suddenly, or even 20 years of marriage just end. I've also seen relationships where passion is simply dried to nothing, and there's no drive for anything. And what should I say about college? That's enough to make things go awry instantly.

Interestingly enough, I was given a nice response to these thoughts and questions.

It's not that passion is fading at all. In fact, not nearly close. It seems to have been getting greater and greater almost every time we spend time together. Stronger and stronger, or so it seems to me, and I feel better about it all the time. I can say I've seen some bad things, but I've also seen some great things. I've seen people stay together for over 50 years of time, and it seems they hold a strong relationship to the last days of there lives. My biggest hope, though, was being told about her brother. He started dating a girl in high school, and did for six years or so, and have been married for another three. It showed me of regardless of things to come, things can work if you truly want them to. I obviously can't be sure of what the future will bring, but I can be sure that if I want to see things go a certain way, there's a way to make it happen.

That's about all I have to say for now. Still looking at college things... jesus. Alright, I'm off for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home