DSwain- The New Day

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Nerdtacular

Well first thing's first, I obviously changed up the theme. I went to a different template which I thought had some nice light colors, and I also got the font a little larger, making it just a step easier to read. This is good for me, because apparently my vision isn't very great. I'm getting by though, at any rate.

In other news, not much going on computer wise. Really running low on inspirations these days. I think I may restart my project at making a larger administrative system for Arch Linux via scripts. If you check out the scripts section on my website (on the right hand side) you'll see I've begun the project. The pacman manager is by far the most matured code I have as of now, and it can probably do better than it is. So, I may get that back into gear sometime, but we'll see, right? Hopefully that'll get going.

Lastly, I've decided to take the liberty of starting to teach myself Calculus. I'm in a Statistics class right now, and after a class like Precalculus, I just can't handle Statistics. It doesn't pull my interest nearly like other maths do. It's leaving my brain unoccupied and unsaturated, which is disappointed. So, I've decided to continue on with Calculus on my own time. I don't know exactly how far I'll get into it. I may do a large amount, or I may do barely any at all. I figure I'll do some small chunks in my free time and just learn some new stuff. The concept in itself is just amazing. Being able to measure things with even better and better approximations approaching negative infinity to infinity. Being able to pinpoint exact measurements at any given time at all. It's just an amazing thing to see. I've gotten a little down so far. I've taught myself limits (or basics of it, at least) thanks to this website: http://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~kouba/ProblemsList.html which is sorta neat if you're into the math thing anyway. I wish I remembered all the Trigonometry rules I learned so I could do these more easily, but I can always go look them back up again. Pretty neat fun...

At any rate, that's been my nerdtacular weekend. Didn't see Carolyn, hung out with friends for a little bit, and that's been all. Tomorrow will be probably just homework for the most part. Overall: I lead a very boring existance sometimes. That's all for now, and good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home