DSwain- The New Day

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Here Comes Sunshine!

The above is by far, one of my favorite songs ever. There's something to it that just really makes you loosen up and feel much more free. Listening to it through different time periods is amazing too, because it really tends to really project and emphasize the way the Grateful Dead performed. You can tell through each version from the early 70's to the last time in the mid 90's that things change drastically. Quite a piece, I would say. It's nice to have around these times too, cause you can feel that spring thaw really kicking in, and the sun has been out for almost the entire week it seems like. So, all and all, the song works out well for me.

Anyway, so I'm enjoying having this week off. Been enjoying some nice bike rides. They're nice, but considering the condition in which my body is in from winter and doing nothing and eating way too much is kind of bad. It'll take some time before I'm in real good condition again. Other than that, I've been teaching myself C++ as I've said a few times before, and I'm moving along pretty well in using it. I'm just kind of writing whatever ideas I can think of and seeing if I can make them work. Obviously, I'm not a professional by any means haha, but I can write some real simple stuff.

Finally, I've looked at a few colleges also as I said in an entry or two before. In particular, WPI and Northeastern. Tomorrow I'll be going up to Troy, NY to look at RPI, which will hopefully be sort of interesting. We'll see though, we'll see. We were going to head up to Canada for one more time, but plans changed and that won't be happening now. I don't mind really though cause I kind of wanted to appreciate the rest of my time off at home. So, that's that for the most part.

Haha wow, when you take having a girlfriend out of the picture for even a moment, you can see how boring your life really is, or was beforehand. Yay me! Anyways, I'm off for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home