DSwain- The New Day

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Slow Updates

Yes, my updates have been slow to say the least. Twenty days ago was the last time I wrote an entry. I've been enjoying myself for the most part recently, or trying my best to. Things have been getting busy over the past 20 days or so. Sometimes, stressful and upsetting, or at least watching others around me, but times have been moving along at least. First off, I'm planning on buying myself a laptop. I intend to use it next year quite frequently, at least for the first semester. I need it because for a semester-long school project I'll be doing next year, and well I don't feel like dragging around a desktop from home and school often. Anyway, the deal I've managed to dig up is this one: Dell Latitude CPx which should be quite impressive for the price and pretty much exactly what I need. I intend on buying it sometime today. That should be neat.

In other news, I now officially have a real job. It's at a local ISP. I used to use the service often, so it's neat to be in the command post almost now of where I used to be. I've only worked one day so far, but everyone seems to be real helpful and nice. I think it'll be a nice place to work for a while. I'm not quite sure what my schedule is going to look like thus far, but it won't be a big issue over the summer.

Aside from those things, marching band has started back up somewhat again. I have a parade to do tomorrow, and then another one on June 10th. We'll see how those go... I imagine fairly well. The season coming up next year should be real neat. Going away for band camp, a new (and real nice) drum instructor so we'll see what happens with that. Carolyn and I have been going out for over eight months now. That's been nice also, so I'm happy with things. Sometimes stressful situations come along, yes, and I need to learn to keep my mouth shut sometimes also yes, but things have been nice. Finally, I've been working on my actual website (swainnet.zapto.org) quite a bit. I taught myself some more HTML so I've improved the website a little bit. I should teach myself some more things (PHP maybe) for my new job, but improving my HTML was the first step in the process.

I have to admit it's getting better, better, all the time

I guess that gives you a good run down of things to come. In about two or three weeks, school is over. One more year after this... wow. Gotta start working on more college stuff too this summer. I have to look at a few more places and such. I'll update more on that at another time. I'll try to write sooner again, folks. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home