DSwain- The New Day

Monday, April 24, 2006

Today!

Was pretty much just like every other day. Something was a little odd about it, though honestly. Even at this point, for some reason I feel really drained and uninspired and not motivated to do anything at all. It's somewhat frustrating, but I guess that's what happens on gloomy days.

The SAT scores came in today, just in time to make everyone feel a little worse about themselves. Personally, I feel like these tests are absolutely asinine at judging anyones ability in regards to performance based off of anything. Even people who are very good at studying and focusing for long (yet shortly fragmented pieces of that duration) of time tend to not be the best at this. And honestly, and institution or business who expects somebody to perform like this is out of their minds. Nobody can think or produce satisfactory results from a test like this, and really only tests ones ability to try to remain calm and focused in an extremely annoying and meaningless situation. I, obviously, failed at this. I guess I'll have to give it another shot and see if I can do better, but I will still hold strong on my opinion; this test does not prove anything important.

Maybe that's just my spite for not doing so well? Maybe somewhat, but when you consider what you choose to do with your life and how you want to live it, I don't see how you could justify or make sense of this test.

Anyway, now that my rant is over, I have not much else to say. It's been a bit of a dragging and annoying day, I would say. It is coming to a much needed end though, which is nice. Hopefully things will be a little smoother sailing tomorrow. That's about all for myself today. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home