DSwain- The New Day

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Snow Day

Welcome to March everyone.

So today was a snow day. Kind of odd considering that when I woke up there was no snow outside at all. I guess it was a fair decision to close school because right now it looks sorta messy outside. On the downside, I can't head over to Carolyn's today, but I guess you get what you pay for, right? At any rate, I'm finding things to preoccupy myself with... sort of.

I managed to get Gentoo Linux installed. It's been quite a while since I've dealt with Gentoo. It still takes forever to set up, but at least now with the LiveCD and the installer I don't have to lose my computer entirely for a huge amount of time. I think it took about 10 hours this time around. A long time, to say the least, but it worked quite well with some extra work I had to do on my own (but that's expected almost). Building software is also a rather slow process on Gentoo, but I have to say it's by far very quick. It does run applications quicker than Arch Linux does for me, but I don't know that it's always worth the time. Since it's done, though, it's nice to have both Arch and Gentoo on here to mess around with. I've also began porting my Pacman Manager script over to Portage which so far as proven to be an extremely easy task.

I also got the calculus book I ordered. So far, it's pretty neat. I'm enjoy it at least. I haven't gotten too far into it, but I've taught myself about limits. I'm gonna take my time going through it to try and do a good job learning it all (since I'm doing this on my own) so we'll see how that goes.

At any rate, that's about all I have to say. I just realized that 24 days will have been six months. Pretty incredible, if you ask me. At least for my case it is haha. In any case, though, I'm happy with what I have =)

Yay life!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home