DSwain- The New Day

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Yet Another Four Day Weekend

I missed out on. Well, I guess not entirely considering I wasn't in school, but still. Thursday was no school and work, Friday was leaving really early for Clarkson. Clarkson was a very nice visit, to say the least. I was very entertained by Clarkson. The Clarkson Open Source Institute (COSI) is really amazing. I have yet to see anything like this at any other school I've visited. While I was there, they were installing a new $80,000 dollar IBM Blade server which was given to them from IBM to do Xen development. Epic? Indeed. The only thing I forgot to do was get a photo... I probably could have used it in my senior project. Oh well, thought.

Anyway, after that, I visited UVM the next day. I was disappointed honestly. The school was very nice, and the people were pleasant, so those were good things. I was disappointed in the fact that they didn't seem to care so much for the academics of the school, which is basically the point of school. Granted, I'm down with having a lot of fun, and that's important too, maybe even more so than working and things like that, but you have to have some work ethic. It didn't seem like they had much at all here. This is just my opinion honestly... an actual student may be able to tell you otherwise. For all I know, it could be great, but the open house gave me kind of a disappointing perspective on it. Oh well, though.

I don't have a ton to write about tonight. I've been hacking away at my senior project as much as I can this weekend. It's starting to shape up pretty nicely. Still a ton more to do, but it's really starting to feel more like an application as opposed to a series of files which kind of work together. I'm pretty happy with how it's shaping up. Once I get it working real well, I may write some stuff about how it works on here (or maybe on my website, if it's my new blog by then). I wonder what else I'm going to end up programming once I finish this project. It's basically been my entire programming life since September, so I'm not sure what'll happen once it's done. Well, I suppose I'll find out when I get there.

Ah, I can't wait to retire. Later, folks.

-dswain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home